Monday, November 10, 2014

So what to do with this blog? (Or "so I bought a new keyboard".)

This whole blogging thing seems to only grab my interest periodically.  Do I force myself to blog everyday to get in the habit?  Or do I just blog when I feel like I have something worthwhile to say?  Good question.  Hell, I'm only writing this right now because I got a new keyboard a few days ago and I love the thing.  Screw cherry mechanical switches.  I know they're all the rage right now but damn I hate them.  I'd been using a Logitech K740 for years but it had issues.  Or rather it had issues with my cat.  So my cat likes to go outside all the time and he comes in covered in dirt,twigs, etc.  He's got medium length hair and loves to roll in the dirt for some reason.  Anyway, he'll come in from outside for a "recharge"  (pets and ear scratches) and his favorite thing is to walk across the keyboard if I happen to be on the computer.  Dirt and stuff raining into scissor switch keys. . .well, typing becomes a grinding, fingernails-on-chalkboard affair.  So I decided I needed something different.  So I bought one of the new DAS keyboards with Cherry blue switches.  Ye gods, what a horrid experience.  Not only did my typing slow to a crawl, but the noise.  Anyway so I threw it in the closet and went back to my old Logitech.  In the meantime I'd seen the new Corsair RGS and Razer Chromas and man, they look sweet.  But I didn't want to get bit again so I thought "well, maybe cherry reds or browns".  Well I wasn't going to spring for another keyboard only to find out I didn't like those either so I went here:

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/

and bought one of these for ten bucks:




Turns out I don't like any of them.  So what to do?  Well, I got looking around and for about 1/3 the price of a Corsair K70 RGB or Razer Chroma I picked up a Razer Deathstalker.  And I love it.  Sure it would be nicer if it were made of aluminum but I'm not complaining.  I love the keys and the overall design so I'm happy.  (My luck they'll announce a Chroma version of the Deathstalker next week. . .)


No comments:

Post a Comment